Sunday, September 9, 2007

School has started!!!....ughhhh now what?






So school is officially underway and has been for a week now. The both of us have taught...well Ryan has taught more than me. Actually....everyone in the house was eager to jump into the class, and well me..I wanted to enjoy the first 2 weeks sleeping in and listening to what everyone else had to say about it. So..after 3 days of listening what everyone had to say about it I reassured myself that the 2 weeks holidays was a good thing to get myself rested up for what I had coming to me. However. The phone rang Friday morning and I foolishly picked it up thinking it was Ryan...it wasnt. On the other end was Morris..."Oh Kelly you sound perky! Get ready because I got work for you. Here's where your going." My first instinct was to hang up but I knew he would just call back. Panic rushed through my head as I thought about how I should address the class, classroom management...what else did i learn in the last year and why can't I remember any of it!! I quickly got ready and what was supposed to be a 10 minute bus ride was actually 45. I got off the bus and followed the sea of backpacks and uniforms to the school. I walked through the gates and asked the next tallest person I saw where I could find the year 3 classroom. The man looked at his colleague then laughed and pointed to the next building. Ah... got there 15 minutes before class started and was informed i was giving a math exam after the assembly..that was fun! But seriously...all in all it was a really great day and the kids were a lot of fun. They were eager to please and fascinated with my accent. When I got home Ryan asked me if the kids asked me were I was from..I said yes but they were guessing I was from America. He looked at me and schook his head and told me how kids guessed he was from America, Austrailia, and Mexico...hmmmm. Well one week is done and its Monday again tomorrow.......... yay.

No comments: